with my word of the year; expand. definition - to stretch out; unfold; to express in fuller form or greater detail; develop...accompanied by my verse of the year; isaiah 40:31, "those that wait upon God will get fresh strength. they spread their wings and soar like eagles, they run and don't get tired, they walk and don't lag behind."
i believe that 2011 is my year to soar. i don't even know what that looks like yet...the word is prophetic and it's only january. in spite of that, i can already see it taking shape. i can see God strategically putting me in situations that are and will expand my social network, my communication skills, my knowledge, relationships and exposure.
this year some of my goals are simple;
- make more eye contact (i just don't do this enough!)
- initiate more conversations with classmates, cashiers and "strangers" in general (i tend to just keep to myself!)
- identify and rely on a mentor or mentors
some of my goals are obvious;
- consciously maintain a healthy balance between home, school and work
- maintain and improve my performance and duties at work
- make all "a's" in school
- intentionally "making memories" with my family and friends
- maintain a healthy lifestyle with good foods and exercise
- passionately live out spiritual disciplines
my main goal however is to pay attention and take advantage of every opportunity to expand. if it feels out of my comfort zone, i'm doing it. if it makes me feel uncomfortable and vulnerable, i'm doing it. if it challenges me and makes me stronger, i'm doing it.
He's spreading my wings...